The 2020 Summer School of the European Federation of Catalysis Societies (EFCATS) will be held from 15-19 September 2020 in Grand Hotel Bernardin Convention Center in Portorož-Portorose, Slovenia. The event entitled “ENGINEERING MATERIALS FOR CATALYSIS” is organized jointly by the Section for Catalysis of the Slovenian Chemical Society and the Austrian Catalysis Society.
The 2020 EFCATS Summer School will focus on recent advances regarding synthesis, in-situ and operando characterization and applications of heterogeneous catalysts as well as multi-scale modelling of catalytic processes. Besides, the publication system and less competitive free discussions will be addressed at the meeting.
Master and doctoral students as well as early-stage researchers being involved in the above-mentioned topics are strongly encouraged to attend the event. More than ten worldwide known experts will deliver invited lectures. The participants will be able to present the results of their research work in the form of oral presentations or poster contributions. Virtual tour to the ELETTRA synchrotron in Trieste, Italy, will be organized as part of the 2020 EFCATS Summer School.
The 2020 EFCATS Summer School will consist of eleven plenary lectures delivered by invited reputable scientists, and about 10-20 oral presentations delivered by post-doctoral fellows and doctoral students participating at the event. Besides, a poster session will be organized during which more than 50 contributions will be presented.
The Young European Catalysis Network (YEuCat) will contribute to the programme of the 2020 EFCATS Summer School. More information about YEuCat can be found on the following website: https://www.youngcatalysis.net.
The 2020 EFCATS Summer School entitled “ENGINEERING MATERIALS FOR CATALYSIS“ will cover the following topics:
- advanced synthesis and basic characterization of heterogeneous catalysts
- in-situ and operando characterization
- synchrotron characterization
- materials for photocatalysis and electrocatalysis
- multi-scale modelling of catalytic processes
- communication in science (publication system and less competitive free discussions)
- Dr. Bao Lian Su, University of Namur, Belgium
- Svetlana Mintova, Université de Caen, France
- Dr. Bert Weckhuysen, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
- Giuliana Aquilanti, Ellettra Sincrotrone Trieste, Italy
- Jasper Plaisier, Ellettra Sincrotrone Trieste, Italy
- Alexander Genest, Agency for Science, Technology and Research, Singapore
- Prof. Dr. Blaž Likozar, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Prof. Dr. Joaquim L. Faria, University of Porto, Portugal
- Prof. Dr. Raffaella Buonsanti, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland
- Nikolai Nesterenko, TOTAL, Belgium
- Dr. Silvia Bordiga, University of Turin, Italy
Time and Location
15-19 September 2020
Grand Hotel Bernardin Convention Center
Information and Registration
For more information and registration: https://skd2020.chem-soc.si/en/2020-efcats-summer-school/