Young CBBC organises a series of mini-symposia. These will be held 4 times a year, each at a different university. The aim of these meetings will be to provide an opportunity to practice presentations that you intend to give at conferences in front of an audience that is not already knowledgeable on your topic. It will also be a chance to receive feedback from peers about the things you did well and things you could do to improve your talk. We want to create a positive supportive atmosphere to help quench presentation nerves and boost confidence so even if you aren’t presenting please try and attend to support your colleagues! It is also a good chance to learn about other CBBC research and to get to know other PhD and PD students.
Things to know
- No confidential information can be presented, exactly the same as at a real conference! Please make sure your presentation is approved by your supervisor.
- No abstracts need to be submitted, opportunities to present will be provided on a first come first served basis.
- Only ARC CBBC PhD and PD students (Young CBBC) will be in attendance.
- A maximum of 10 presentation slots are available at each meeting.
- The meetings will start at 10.00 and end at 16.00 at the latest so that there is time to travel to and from the event.
- There will be a long lunch break to allow time for socializing with other researchers.
- The audience will be asked to provide anonymous feedback on each talk which will be given to the presenter so you can find out what you did well and what you can improve.
- You are encouraged to attend even if you aren’t presenting to help provide this feedback and ask questions.
Location 21 September 2020, 10:00 – 16:00
University of Groningen
Room 5114.0001 VIP
Nijenborgh 4, Faculty of Science and Engineering
Please register below
Mini-symposium dates and locations for 2020
Utrecht: Monday 24 February
Eindhoven: Monday 25 May
Amsterdam: Monday 23 November